Suara adheres to the manifesto to stop ill-treatment of elderly people
14 June, 2019
Suara Cooperativa has adhered to the manifesto of the "Movement to Stop Abuse of the Elderly", coinciding with the commemoration of the World Day of Conscience on the Abuse of the Big People, on June 15. Here you can read the full content:
MOVEMENT TO STRENGTHEN THE MORTGAGE TO GREAT PEOPLE:
- Do joint and coordinated actions to prevent abuse of elderly people.
- To spread the legal resources of prevention as a measure of protection for those with the capacity to decide (Autotutela, Preventive Power, Assistant, Protected Heritage, etc.) as well as protection measures for those who can not decide for themselves (Disability and Precautionary Measures)
- To undertake awareness, information and training actions that reach relatives, institutions, professionals, elderly people and the rest of society.
- Involve the media in the treatment of the elderly and the dissemination of ill-treatment to the elderly.
- Commemorate World Awareness Day Day on Bullying for the Elderly, on June 15.
- Promote effective and coordinated mechanisms for assistance, counseling, anonymous complaint and protection. Among them, the creation of a specific, free and confidential telephone for abused people.
- To demand fast and effective justice for the ill-treated elderly people.